Accessible Customer Service Policy
Labour Source strives for excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
Providing Services to People with Disabilities
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability, respecting their dignity and independence.
Use of assistive devices, service animals and support persons
People with disabilities may use assistive devices to access our services.
People with disabilities who are accompanied by a service animal may access our services on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
People with disabilities who are accompanied by a service person may access our services. Fees for support persons do not apply. Labour Source does not charge fees to any members of the public accessing our services.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
Labour Source will provide customers with notice in the event of a planned or unexpected disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all public entrances and service counters on our premises.
Training for Staff
Labour Source will provide training to all employees.
Training will include some or all of the following:
- The purposes of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Labour Source’s services
- Labour Source’s policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standard.
Training may be delivered by workshop, on-line training or handouts.
Feedback regarding the way Labour Source provides services to people with disabilities can be made in person, by telephone, by email or other methods. A response to feedback can normally be expected within 5 business days. When requested, feedback response information will be provided in an accessible form.
Questions About This Policy
If anyone has a question about the policy, or if the purpose of a policy is not understood, an explanation can be provided by contacting Labour Source.
Download a printable copy:
Labour Source Accessible Customer Service Policy