York Region, ON
About the Position
* As Day Shift -Lead Hand, you'll be responsible for both working and helping to coordinate your primary work area.
* You will be the primary contact for the status updates in your section and you will help train and support other team members.
* You will also assist in ensuring targets are met and food safety protocols are followed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Ability to set up Packaging Machines
* Ensure all equipment is functioning properly. (Basic maintenance skills is an asset)
* Help resolve machine problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and ensure efficient operation of the line.
* Facilitate smooth changeovers and line clean-ups
* Check all data relating to the product scheduled to be processed including expiry dates and other packaging details.
* Work as a member of the team on the line and ensure the line operates as a team.
* Work within all HACCP and GMP guidelines always maintaining a high level of integrity and a food safe environment.
* Ensure the production goals are achieved and that product specifications are met, report any deviations.
* Coordinate, train and supervise production line employees.
Requirements and Job Specifications
* Strong computer skills
* Strong leadership, interpersonal, team spirit, communication skills, and participative management style.
* Day shift:
Monday to Friday 6am-3pm
* Minimum 1-2 years as a Lead Hand or comparable position.
* High school graduate or equivalent qualification
* Food manufacturing experience (a strong asset)