What is the new Health & Safety Awareness Training?
As part of the Ontario Government’s injury prevention program, all workers in Ontario must be given information on the laws that help keep workers safe and the rights and responsibilities of employers, supervisors and workers.
Who needs training?
Everyone must be trained. All workers in Ontario are required to complete the Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training. If you are a supervisor, you must complete the Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness Training.
Benefits of Training
- Information you will learn will help you be safe at work.
- Training became mandatory for all workers in 2014.
- All Ontario workplaces will require you to complete this training before you begin work.
- Labour Source cannot send you on assignment until you have completed the training and provided us with your certificate of completion.
- You are only required to complete this training once: be sure to bring or email your proof of completion certificate to our office. We will keep you certificate on file in our database.
- You can also attach your certificate or list the training on your resume.
Free Online Training
Free online training is available on the Ministry of Labour website. Click here to complete your training now!